I have to say that I find it hilarious that I have decided to enter the world of blogging at 11pm on a Thursday night - have thought about it for weeks, months ........ ok YEARS but right now at this absolute point in time I have found the courage to start!
I suppose the polite thing to do is to introduce myself - here goes...........
My name is Sarah and I am 33. I live in Adelaide, Australia with my husband Peter, and my 3 children Abby (9), Cooper (4) and Hannah (2). Add in 1 dog (Pepper) and 2 cats (Superman and Lillypilly) and my life, and house, is extremely full. I run my own business with my neighbour and great friend Kerry "in my spare time" and am generally never still, who has time to be!
| Here are my 3 horrors - an old photo but one of my absolute favourites! |
Life has changed for me a lot in the past 3 years. Our youngest daughter was born with a heart condition requiring her to need 2 open heart surgeries in her first 13 months of life. She will need surgeries throughout her entire life and the possibility of her being a transplant candidate is very much on the table when she is in her 20s. There is so much sadness, anger, stress, worry and fear around her story and I am sure that as you get to know me better you will hear more about our journeys through the world of congenital heart disease. On a side note there is so much positive to our story as well - we love each other fiercely, perspective has well and truly been given and I have had the privilege to meet some phenomenal families who walk this journey with me every day.
| That is my funny little girl with her current dummy collection. She is at her happiest undressed, unbrushed and unkempt lol |
So what else is there for me to tell you of vital importance? Well my business is all about creating furnishings and useful accessories for kidlets - we work hard but are thrilled with the direction in which we are heading. It has been an incredible journey from there to here and I am proud of what we have achieved in 4 years. Lots of business talk will weave its way through this blog I am sure.
![]() |
| gratuitous business plug - go on click on it you know you want to! |
My passion - well anything wrapped in fabric seems to be the winner these days. I am obsessed with beauty and functionality. Limited on spare money my plan is to create a house that reflects this passion. We are slow moving right now but over the course of the next few months it will all start to take shape I am sure. Lots of projects are hopefully going to be started and shared although time does run away faster and faster these days.
One more thing about me - oh boy can I talk .......... and talk ........... and talk! This blog will be an eclectic wandering through my life and my loves. I reckon it is going to be a hell of a ride!!!
Love Sarah xxx

Welcome to the blogging nuthouse Sarah, LOL.
ReplyDelete